Working at TotalEnergies Malawi
TotalEnergies Malawi is constantly looking for new talent to reinforce its workforce. If you are looking for a career that will take you far in your personal and professional life, TotalEnergies is the place to be; whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional; whether you are male or female; whether you are young or old. We are an equal opportunity employer that propels diversity.
VACANCY : FINANCE GRADUATE INTERNS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Finance Graduate Intern in the Finance and Administration Department. The internship is valid for six months. The two successful candidates will each be assigned to Management Accounting Section and Treasury Section. The major activities of the position are:
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING SECTION
- Checking investment budget status and allocating budget and approval of formal commitment Authority (Grant of Credit) for all investment requests.
- Maintaining an investment tracking form to ensure that all fixed assets are recorded and followed until the end
- Updating fixed asset register for all fixed assets purchases, acquisitions, developments, disposals, and transfers
- Tagging all new assets
- Participating in fixed assets physical verification
- Preparing monthly investment reports to Head Office and local management
- Preparation of Asset Movement Schedule every quarter for Consolidation purposes
- Preparation of depreciation report every quarter
- Maintain proper record of all fixed asset transfers
- Capitalization of Assets (asset creation)
- Receiving CAPEX invoices and ensure they have appropriate supporting documents.
- Customer bank deposit/transfer confirmation with customer service
- Resolving of issues with bank deposit/transfer
- Payments of suppliers’ invoices whenever the invoices fall due either by cheque mode of bank transfers
- Maintenance of payment documents
- Tax computations and timely remittance of the same to Malawi Revenue Authority. The taxes include VAT, WHT and FBT
- Matching and maintenance of VAT and WHT accounts
- Petty cash management
- Negotiation of interest rates for fixed deposits
- Preparation of cash position -Daily cash forecast
- Cash deposits circulation to concerned departments
- Preparation of accounts analysis and timely reconciling of items
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting.
- Ability to work under pressure and under minimum supervision with adherence to strict deadlines.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
Interested applicants should forward their applications and resumes not later than Wednesday 24th May, 2023 to: [email protected] under the title Finance Graduate Intern.
0+*Service Stations across Malawi*Key Figure